Print

Author Topic: Newbe here with my First Rollo-Flex  (Read 2222 times)

Offline markxx800

• View Profile
Newbe here with my First Rollo-Flex
« on: April 20, 2015, 10:35:37 am »
Hi Mark here from Western NY. I'm a Yamaha And AMF Ski Daddler guy, But love all Brands. I got my first good look at a Rollo at the Great Eastern Whiteout here in NY. A 73 SS433 GT It was for sale but lack of funds prevented me from buying it. But it stuck in my mind.
Fast Forward to last year and a thread on V/S about the Restoration of a 72 GRT. A few months later I heard about a guy who had a Yamaha "R" Motor and some BoaSki parts for sale. I ended up buying everything. He told me the motor came out of a Roll-o-Flex. Then I remembered the GRT. He said they pulled the motor and pipes and put some fan motor in it and sold it to his Ex Brother -in-law. A Month later he gave me a Name and number to call. Last Saturday I made the 4 hour trip to pick it up. It's Very Rough but I've restored worse.
I'll be looking for and parts available. Thanks in advance!!   
Here's the SS433 GT that lit the Fire. And my GTR fresh from it's years in the woods/junkyard

Mark

Offline WildOne

• Roll-O-Flex Collector
  • Administrator
  • Let's Get Wild
    • View Profile
    • Roll-O-Flex
Re: Newbe here with my First Rollo-Flex
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:57:58 pm »
Welcome to the club! That is the same smile we all had when we got our first ROF! When you need something let us know. The guys on here are always glad to help out.
Where The Wild Ones Are.

Offline jkatdinger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:47:21 pm »
       Ya, welcome,   Where did you find that GRT?  Do you want to sell it? Dose it have the free air 433 in it? Not many of them around!! What parts do you need?   jkatdinger

Offline markxx800

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 08:58:27 pm »
Jkatdinger , the sled was sold out of the Distributor in Marcy NY to a Boaski Dealer in Western PA. And yes I have the 433 Freeair motor and pipes for it. There are better pictures on another thread on this website.
Right now I need a set of Handlebars and the rear passinger grab bar. The ones on my sled are too far gone to re chrome.
Sorry , I have no plans to sell it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark

Print