Print

Author Topic: New Member here  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Tiperoo

• View Profile
New Member here
« on: March 26, 2015, 06:31:02 pm »
Hello everyone....Northern Ontario boy here....just love the Rof"s and want to learn more about those Sask.Canadian made beauties....I unfortunately do not own one YET...I just recently saw one on VintageSleds.com ...It was a GT433SS...I think it was a 73...not knowledgeable on the differences yet...but she was a beauty and a one owner...well by the time I convinced myself to pull the trigger on it the add was deleted...it must have sold...S&&T!!! and about 5-6 years ago a buddy and I were at the A1 show and there was a small(short) aluminum frame ROF there....We were drawn to it because it looked so cool with it's looks, side opening hood, 292 Yamaha, and it's lightweight...we thought this would be a real fun quick sled to ride...but the little track was pooched...but the rest of the sled seemed perfect...well once again by the time I decided to buy it..it had a sold sign on it...I think it was $500...at the time we thought it would probably be next to impossible to find an original track and would have to figure out what we could retrofit it with...long story is I snoozed and I lost out...I then Googled ROF's and found your site....this is a great site from what I've seen so far...sounds like a great group of sled heads here with the same addiction... Now don't hold it against me but I'm partial to Yamaha's and Sno-Jets but love all the oldies....but since my first encounter with that little 292 at the A1 show I've been in love with these ROF's ever since...and once I learned they were built in Sask. Canada...all the better...so hopefully I'll own one or two eventually...not sure what model and year yet... but I'll keep looking..not sure how plentiful these sleds are or production numbers...if anyone knows of one for sale, I'll consider all models at this point...are they hard to find? Thanks for the great site and maybe I'll get to one of your events in the near future...Cheers everyone..Marty

Offline Recoil

• View Profile
Re: New Member here
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:55:57 pm »
Marty,

Welcome to the site!  Unfortunately the site has been quiet lately so hopefully you will contribute lots as we need to kick start this forum again.  There are a fair amount of ROF sleds still available around here (Saskatchewan) so dont spend too much on a sled that is junked.  A good rollo here can still be found for around 500-800$.

Recoil
"Recoil"
SNOWFLAKES vintage snowmobile Club
Saskatoon, SK

1974 Roll-o-flex Wildone (fanner)
1970 Roll-o-flex PT
1974 Roll-o-flex 440 GT
1971 Boa Ski Mk 0
1972 Nasral Snow Sprite
1971 Sno Pony
1964 Hus-Ski 444
1969 Ski-Bee Scout
1970 Smith-Roles prototype

Offline Tiperoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 08:09:38 pm »
That sounds encouraging Recoil....If you happen to see any would you be so kind to let me know...still not sure what year and model I would prefer...would consider all at this point...Thanks again...Marty

Offline WildOne

• Roll-O-Flex Collector
  • Administrator
  • Let's Get Wild
    • View Profile
    • Roll-O-Flex
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:31:29 am »
Welcome to the club, Marty!
Where The Wild Ones Are.

Offline Tiperoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 10:41:02 am »
Thanks WildOne....

Offline _FIII

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.sasksnowmobile.com
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 07:54:09 pm »
welcome Marty!  we will be keeping our eyes open for you here in saskatchewan. 
Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com

Offline jkatdinger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 09:01:05 pm »
    Yes welcome to the site, You will love a rolloflex when you find one. Maybe you like the yamaha engines, seeing you mentioned sno jet and yamaha.   I have a few that need restoring, but I am not smart enough to let them go. Hope you find one.  The short track comanchee  you saw with the 27 hp engine are real fast for a small  engine machine. For the guys that know me, I got my mod 292 done, but have not raced it yet.  I  call it a   GRT. I know  they never built one, but did some one say that they advertized one in 72 or73? I will post some pictures soon.      jkatdinger

Offline Tiperoo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 06:47:51 pm »
Thanks guys for the welcomes...and let me know of any for sale...hope to meet you all at a show or event in the future...Marty

Print