Print

Author Topic: aluminum drive shafts??  (Read 2310 times)

Offline _FIII

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.sasksnowmobile.com
aluminum drive shafts??
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:43:24 pm »
I hope somebody can answer this for me.  Where did ROF use aluminum drive shafts?  I pulled one out of my Apache today.  This sled supposedly has the running gear from the GRT racer in it.  So mabe just the factory race sleds had them?

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com

Offline rolloflex194

• View Profile
Re: aluminum drive shafts??
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:48:50 am »
FIII- ALL THE 72 SLEDS I HAVE, HAVE THE ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT IN THEM EXCEPT FOR MY GRT WHICH HAS A STEEL ONE!  THE ALUMINUM ONE WILL WORK JUST FINE FOR ONE BANGER RACING! MY GRASS DRAG SLED PUTS OUT SOME PRETTY GOOD HORSES AND IT WORKS JUST FINE!!  PLUS IS REALLY LIGHT!!  I HAVE ONE ON MY SINGLE STOCK APACHE TOO WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS!  I WOULD THINK THAT AN ALUMINUM ONE ON A GRT WOULDNT LAST LONG??  MINE HAS A STEEL ONE LIKE I SAID, BUT I CANT SAY FOR SURE THAT IT CAME FROM THE FACTORY LIKE THAT??  COULD HAVE HAD AN ALUMINUN ONE?  I'M PRETTY SURE THE ONE YOU HAVE DIDNT COME OUT OF A GRT CAUSE IT WOULD BE WAY LONGER ON THE SPLINE SIDE CAUSE OF THE SPACER  BETWEEN THE CHAINCASE AND THE BULKHEAD THAT THEY USED ON ALL TWINS. 
FLEXING THE MUSCLE!

Offline _FIII

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.sasksnowmobile.com
Re: aluminum drive shafts??
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:36:47 pm »
great thanks!  I have never had a ROF apart other than my wild one so I just wasn't sure. I was kinda wondering about the lasting ab ility of an aluminum shaft with a free air twin.
Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com

Print