Print

Author Topic: roll-o-flexin and cruzin  (Read 4178 times)

Offline smoker

• View Profile
roll-o-flexin and cruzin
« on: December 28, 2009, 07:21:42 pm »
We know that people on this site have sleds but are any of you putting on  any miles. Had the Apache 292 out over Xmas put on about 25 miles (don't laugh that's alot pullin 3 kids round and round all day on a sleigh).Had a great day but I didn't check the points and they quit it was still a blast. How about you? :)
If you can't wrap it around a tree whats the point!

Offline _FIII

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.sasksnowmobile.com
Re: roll-o-flexin and cruzin
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 04:00:57 pm »
I didn't have any ROF sleds out but had the vintage stuff out lots over the holidays.  We had 1972 Puma(292single), 1972 Olympic 399 (pulling skiboose), 1972 Super Jet 433, 1974 TNT free air, and a mid 80's skandic 277 single as well as the 1990 Safari L that my son putts around on.  Didn't bring out my GTX or the 77 RV.  Left a few of the vintage racers under the tarps for now.  Burnt up some gas and had a blast!
Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com

Offline smoker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:27:35 pm »
Aw come on I know there was more pre-mix burnt over the holidays than that. Would of rode more myself but after 543 pulls on the Polaris  ::) . I think I developed 295 colt elbow! Good news though 2 Apache 292's on the snow again next weekend. 

Offline WildOne

• Roll-O-Flex Collector
  • Administrator
  • Let's Get Wild
    • View Profile
    • Roll-O-Flex
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 12:53:57 am »
OK, I drove my 340 GTX F/B over to a buddies place for drinks just before Xmas and my fuel line from the tank to the pump split and I lost 20 liters of gas on his driveway. I can't believe you made me tell that story. I am taking it out this weekend though and I will try to get some pics for sure, and maybe video!

A
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:15:16 am by WildOne »
Where The Wild Ones Are.

Offline brentmcmunn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 07:19:19 pm »
I had two out.. my 76 olympic 300 mono and my 73 Moto-Ski cadet.. put on lots of miles- not sure how many exactly, but I bet between the two of them no less then 50... took the little girl and her crppled uncle out, then went spotting coyotes!   Kirk,, I'm planning on coming to Prince Albert this week before we take off to the Dominican,, will you be around?? if so, i'll bring you a tank for that apache. send a e-mail to brentmcmunn@hotmail.com  then my blackberry should alert me!

Offline 340tnt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:13:28 am »
took my RAIDER 44/TT for about a 10 mile cruise, neat sled, nice and warm yesterday. The elan and old indy have only a few miles on this year. My 71 Snow Cruiser 36, with twin tillotsons, is being wrenched on, new white seat, almost ready. And my 75 sno twister is getting new seals, a cylinder, fuel system overhaul, and it better be ready for Roblin!

Offline smoker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 08:43:31 pm »
finally put the 66 oly back on the snow ran perfect but man what a warm day +1c . The 292 apache I bought from Brent worked flawless after a rewind rebuild and my original old 292 coil or condenser packed in . Grandma even went a lap on the 66 Gramps preferred the 292 (sportyer ya know).I think I might have to take in one of those vintage rides with the family once I get the spark straightened out On apache .  Its good to know other people are drivin them old pelters too.

Offline WildOne

• Roll-O-Flex Collector
  • Administrator
  • Let's Get Wild
    • View Profile
    • Roll-O-Flex
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 09:40:12 pm »
Went out today on the 340 F/B GTX. Replaced coils last week, and new plugs. Still won't idle good tho. Going to try to work with the carbs again tomorrow, gets dark too early!!
Where The Wild Ones Are.

Print