Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Listen to Gene Glaze on Snowmobiling Podcast  (Read 4119 times)
TX340

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:20:38 PM »

UGene Glaze with Snow Goer Canada s Hal Armstrong
Gene Glaze was one of the Founders, designers, and fabricator of Roll-o-Flex Snowmobiles

Gene Glaze with Snowgoer Canada's Hal Armstrong
Gene Glaze was one of the Founders, designers, and fabricators of Roll-o-Flex Snowmobiles

https://soundcloud.com/gord-avann/gene-glaze-with-snowgoer-canadas-hal-armstrong?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=email
colormegone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »

Cool interview, I love hearing about how things transpired for different reasons.

Gene, I'd love to learn more about your involvement in building the exhaust twin cans on the GT's and stinger pipes on the Sno-Pro's...
Gene5696

A toast to all @ Roll-o-Flex.com

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 10:27:49 AM »

I'm impressed that you had the patience to listen to that whole thing.
To try and answer your question regarding exhaust systems is a tall order for my old brain. But, I'll try....
Using the dual cans for two cylinder engines was basically common sense... 2 cycle engines rely totally on the sound waves back pressures to obtain the best h.p. Using one can or system for 2 cylinders is a compromise. I was lucky enough to be able to use the best table dyno's at A.C.S. in T.O. The results were very impressive. The added cost of the second can AND the installation was costly but we needed to out preform Yamaha and Sno-Jet using the same engines. It was very much worth it.
As for the Sno-Pro pipes.... I started out on paper... knowing the "port-timings" ... what r.p.m. I wanted the most torque and h.p..... was needed. I had a special formula that I used.... some where back in the archives of this ROF site I've mentioned the name of it and it's founder. At the moment the name escapes me, sorry. Hand building the components was a challenge let alone the welding them all together to fit the sled. Again before I accepted the results I'd do the final test on the table dyno and tweak where necessary.
That's about all I can help you with... sorry.
Gene.
colormegone

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 05:18:44 PM »

I would listen all day long, wish the audio was a bit better, I just love the bench racing stuff.  Ive been building some pipes for myself and others and any theory and lessons learned is intriguing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: