Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cool PT pic Gene or Wade tell us a bit about these!!  (Read 6208 times)
rolloflex194

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2013, 06:20:36 AM »

This pic was posted a few days ago on facebook.  These things are cool!   I've seen this exhaust in person on a boa ski of the same year.  Anyone know who the drivers were or anything about the sleds??

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
Gene5696

A toast to all @ Roll-o-Flex.com

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 08:40:48 AM »

Wow !!!! Truly a classic picture for sure !!
These sleds were manufactured by the Boa Ski Co. in Quebec and re-labeled as "Wild-Ones" and sold by the Rol-o-Flex company before I got involved in the Rol-o-Flex (1970) Company formed in 1970. You can see part of a "Wild-One" decal behind the fancy race number. My best guess is that this picture was taken in 1968 or latest 1969. The sleds you see there were "stock" out-of-the-box.... all rubber track and all. Forward traction was LITTLE or NONE on any surface.... even on pavement. I can vouch for that !!!
Those exhaust systems were developed and made by a company in Winnipeg and I know them very well. I did dynamometer tests with them and they produced VERY impressive horsepower gains. With the testing I did find out that if you changed the system in any way you could and would spoil their performance very drastically. What you see there is 3 systems mounted together to go with the 3 cylinder 792 c.c. Hirth engine. The name of the company that designed and made them escapes my 'ol mind right now but it will come to me eventually and I'll let you know. Wade or Larry Maus may remember.
Gene.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: