Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Progress on my 292 mod drag racer  (Read 2661 times)
jkatdinger

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2013, 11:04:39 AM »

Just thought that I would update you on my 292 mod racer restoration to show that I really am working on it and making progress.  Although I am not sure if I will be racing it on the ice this winter.  I still need to build the body mold and body for it.  Pictures are attached. Later!
Gene5696

A toast to all @ Roll-o-Flex.com

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 07:55:02 PM »

Jkatdinger...:
VERY impressive workmanship !!... and especially the exhaust system. Tig welding at it's best. I love the ingenuity of how you got the steering column around the carburetor.
When and if you race it, are you doing oval track or drag racing... ice or grass ?
I'm sure Wade, Moose, Lyle and Barry will be impressed as well.
Great job and keep it up !!
Gene Glaze.    
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:58:04 PM by Gene5696 » Logged
jkatdinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:59:31 AM »

GENE     
       thanks  for the interest. I may take some time on this  rebuild, but I I need this commanchee to look good, as I have seen some really nice roloflexes on theses pages. The bar has been set high. I also want it to be fast.  And checking out the competition, I needs to be faster than it was back in the 70s.
   I can't take credit for the pipe though, if I could I would be  5oo dollars richer. Lable-x in maine built the pipe, redone the cylinder, piston and reeds. All the redesign, and work on the chassis though is mine. The commanchee is now 4 inches longer as I moved the drive shaft and track back, hoping to keep the skis down on launch. that was a problem  back in the day. That was with about 45 hp, Lable-x claims it will be putting out close to 70 hp now.
  I'm going to do radar runs on ice, hoping for 100mph, but maybe 90 will be more realistic, we will see I quess. All so grass drags.

Thanks again I'll keep you posted.
rolloflex194

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 02:42:05 PM »

Looks great Jerry!! its up to my standard!  Grin

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: