Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: color of body and seat  (Read 3256 times)
jkatdinger

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »

Guys            I would like to ask Craig, Richard, and any one else who has restored a rolloflex, for information on the paint  they used for the body, and the fabric the used for the seat. I would like company names and part numbers. I am color blind, not totally, but enough to mess things up. Also, Richard, what reproduction decals do you have.  Also , I am still planning on building the 72 gt body, but it will not be ready this year, old people move slowly!!!!      thanks guys.
rolloflex194

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 02:57:07 PM »

Jerry- I used omni brand (generic ppg) Acrylic enamel color name was "grape poly"   That is for the 72's.  I matched a piece of hood that had a decal over it.  Seemed dead on.  I think the 73-74 color is more of a maroon.

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
jkatdinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:49:27 AM »

Thanks  Graig, that is the color I will go with.  So with the seat color, did you just go with a fabric that came the close? Or did you find something dead on?    Jerry
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 08:26:14 PM »

the paint I matched on my 72 Apache was from behind the headlight bezel which has never seen light.  My paint code was "mazda 18T" which is a 1980's Mazda car colour.  Mine is more red compared to the grape poly that Craig used.  Maybe the GT and Apache had different paint?Huh

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
rolloflex194

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 10:22:24 PM »

the paint I matched on my 72 Apache was from behind the headlight bezel which has never seen light.  My paint code was "mazda 18T" which is a 1980's Mazda car colour.  Mine is more red compared to the grape poly that Craig used.  Maybe the GT and Apache had different paint?Huh

i cant see them using two different colors?  im sure the color i used isnt exact. it was really really close to the sample i had. bit then again i remember i was upset the day i matched it at the auto parts store it was raining. so i couldnt take it outside and march it in the sun.  had to rely on flourescent lights wich can play games with colors.

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
jkatdinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 08:10:04 AM »

Thanks guys for your the information on color. Me being color blind, both colors would probably look the same. I checked one hood under a decal, and another under  the paint of a hood that had been painted white  when the wild one came out in 74. I am going to have them both checked , see what comes up. As for the seats, were they the same color? Did you find a match, or just use some thing that came close.         As for decals , what is available? also snow flap, and handle bar grips. Graig? are you getting that wild one  ready for eagle river? I would like to see you race there.  Can I drive up there and get a hotel or is every thing booked a year in advance.     Thanks guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: