Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 72 GRT 433  (Read 7951 times)
rolloflex194

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »

Well today I started the task of bringing the GRT back to life.  I'm thinking about just getting the sled all back together and functional before I begin the resto.  Here is where it begins, the motor.  Needs to be rechromed and I have to get one of the rings freed up.  
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:42:22 PM by rolloflex194 » Logged

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
jkatdinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:41:33 AM »

Checked out your GTR project. How long have you had it?  what condition?  Do you have all the parts?  How was the gas tank mounted? I wish I would have kept mine. I kept all the rest of them. Keep us posted. A question on grass racing. What size, and type of track did the thunder jet  have that you raced against? I think they came from the factory was 102 inch cleated. I need to decide on  what to use on my  camanchee short track racer.                                                                                           
rolloflex194

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 11:09:13 AM »

Pretty sure troys t-jet has a 116" rubber track.  It has to be rubber. No cleats.

I've had my GRT for a few years now. Got it from a implement in Darlington WI which used to be a dealer. I do have all the parts except the tank which I have all the dimensions for and will make one myself.  The tank sat above the bulkhead on the left side of the steering shaft.

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
rolloflex194

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »

Well got some done on the GRT.   All the fab work is done. Had to build a new tank and fit a set of yamaha ss pipes in it.  Bulkhead is all repaired and finished. Its going back together.

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
jkatdinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:07:03 AM »

194     checked out  your progress on the GRT,  looking good, At least someone is getting things done on their project.  Did the yamaha pipes fit the rolo or did you have to change them. Also I noticed the steering pivot is located a few inches back. Dose the steering linkage go through the bulk head on the GRT? What are your plans for this sled.  Show it, race it,  ride it? I have not work on the commanche lately,  I have been working on my grandsons racing go carts, my go cart , and my 1959 Desoto that I show. I have to many projects going I guess. I will post them some time.  I am still thinking of building some 72 gt hoods also. Well keep up the good work, talk to you later.
rolloflex194

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 07:06:40 AM »

Gave her some legs! 

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
jkatdinger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 07:46:45 AM »

Craig
         Are you going to use the GRT for the new racer, or are you building a new Wild One?   A you doing both? 
rolloflex194

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 10:51:41 AM »

The GRT will not be raced. I am building another wild one.

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
rolloflex194

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »

Gave the GRT so much awaited attention. Disasembled the 433SR motor. 

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
jkatdinger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 12:49:09 PM »

Good to see you back on the grt. The 433 looks good, must have been kept inside. Does it need a com   plete  rebuild? Will you be racing on the grass this summer?    I have my 292  done except for the hood. I used a 73 that was beat up. After cutting it down all around it cleaned up so it will be serviceable. still needs paint. I will be racing on the grass this summer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: