Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fessenden North Dakota  (Read 2782 times)
Paddy

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2011, 10:02:22 AM »

I know Wade will remember this race weekend.  Our team was scheduled to race somewhere else that weekend, but the distributor in North Dakota said that this was an important race for his dealers and needed u to be there.
As I recall, it was about a 600 mile trip one way and we arrived at about 1 or 2 in the morning.
When we pulled into town we were met by guys on the street drinking Schnapps from the bottle, cheering us and thrusting the bottles through the windows of our vehicles.
It was about 30 below, but that didn't seem to deter these guys!
Most of us went to bed, but Brad felt thta someone should promote US Canada relations so he stayed up most of the night with these guys.  I woke up in the morning to hear Brad noisily emptying the contents of his stomach outside our motel room.
We had a converted 6 horse trailer that had a generator and a Herman Nelson heater that we used for a shop when the machines were unloaded.
First thing I went to the trailer to get the heater going (it ran on fuel oil) but the fuel had congealed and I had to bring it into the hotel room to warm it up to get it running.  When it did start, it put out thick choking smoke, I hope the motel people got over that!
Anyway, we did really well, winning everything even the heat that Brad ran out of gas in and had to coast over the finish line.
What really sticks with me tho', is that when I went to collect our prize money (it was a cash thing instead of trophies) the prize money was less than the entry fees I paid.  I guess the locals didn't like a factory team coming to town!
WildOne
Roll-O-Flex Collector
Administrator

Let's Get Wild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »

Great story. I hope there will be more!

Where The Wild Ones Are.
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »

Great story Paddy and I am very glad that you finally got registered on here.

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: