Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Odd Ball Machines  (Read 9031 times)
wc

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:25:55 AM »

Oddball machines;
  I hope this will serve as an explanation as how there could be some strange engine and component combinations found in Roll-O-Flex machines. Starting in 1971 when Moose began working at Roll-O-Flex, one of his responsibilities was to reassemble into complete machines the different machines that had been used for testing purposes, or had been robbed of different components. At one time there was at least  15 to 20 machines sitting around  missing a few different components such as carbs, engines, tracks, suspensions, steering, hoods. These machines were reassembled out of mostly new components but could end up with who knows what components out of the R-D area to make a complete machine. These machines were sold at discount to friends and employees of Roll-O-Flex. These machines were serial numbered, but no record was kept of components used. They were also sold in as is condition, without any guaranties or warranties.
  I don’t know if Gene was aware that we were doing this. He and Larry were usually the ones taking a part off of one machine to test on another late at night. Also it was easier to find a part on a machine just off the assembly line, than in inventory, which was locked up at night.
  Wade 

markxx800

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:41:24 PM »

I wonder if that could explain the weird suspension in my GRT. The sled was bought brand new from the distributor in Marcy NY. The original owner said that's the way we got it with that suspension setup. It had 2 miles on it when they got it.
markxx800

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »

markxx800

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 04:56:42 PM »

markxx800

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 05:00:01 PM »

markxx800

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 05:01:34 PM »