Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The factory  (Read 4790 times)
kg1

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »

Here's some pictures of the factory I took in Regina on Thanksgiving.

The GMC building, Winnipeg Street and 8th Avenue. This is the administrative building, now housing the arts council among others.
kg1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:19:52 PM »

The warehouse, where all the toys were made.

It's really huge, takes up the rest of the block on the east side, parking lot on the west side. The rest of the warehouse does not have the original exterior walls showing, so I didn't take any more pictures. A lot of it is occupied by the city of Regina, some by other businesses.

The brickwork is very nice, if it isn't restored, it certainly is in remarkable shape.

It's a very cool place to check out if you are in Regina, easily accessed if you take the ring road around the city and go south on the Winnipeg Street exit. Oh, yeah, it's 8th Ave South.

Maybe when that conversation with the engineers happens, we can ask what part of the structure was actually used by Roll O Flex. I don't have a clue, never got to Regina before the eighties.
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 06:51:22 PM »

Maybe when that conversation with the engineers happens, we can ask what part of the structure was actually used by Roll O Flex. I don't have a clue, never got to Regina before the eighties.

I will put that on my list of things to ask.  I don't think that building has been restored.  It is all local brick too from the brick plant that is in Claybank, Sk.  which is now a heritage site and have tours too.  

I see the old Roll-O plant everyday as I work across the street.  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:50:41 PM by _FIII » Logged

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
kg1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »

Brick from here?

Yes that is an excellent tour.

rolloflex194

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 01:48:52 PM »

WOW!!  I WOULD LOVE TO ROAM THE HALLS AND MILL AROUND THE BASEMENT AND STORAGE AREAS OF THAT BUILDING!!! 

FLEXING THE MUSCLE!
mr_plow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 04:01:50 PM »

Yah, Me too...
I thought someone told me it still said "Roll-O-Flex" somewhere on the building?

It's nice the building is kept up...
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 07:15:29 PM »

i don't know if it actually says roll o flex anymore, at least not visible from the street but the building is almost a block wide by 2 blocks long.......it is huge!

There is nothing left there anymore as it was cleaned out of roll-o-flex stuff years ago.

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: