Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ROF guys  (Read 3359 times)
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »

I thought that you guys (Wade & Gene)  would like to know that I talked to one of the guys that raced with you back in the glory days and sold roll o's out of Weyburn.  I ran into Al Elmer when organizing a local show and grass drags.  He currently owns Thunder City here in Regina and he says Moose has a shop just down the street.  Both their shops are on St. Johns street and 7th to 5th ave.  Not far from your old stomping grounds.  I was wearing a wild one t-shirt that i had made up and it sparked some conversation.  He was amazed that the sno pro wild one, hirth racer and my GRT were still around.  He assumed that stuff was turned into scrap years ago.  Real nice guy and I look forward to talking more with him.

Next order of business is..........Moose hunting!!

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
Gene5696

A toast to all @ Roll-o-Flex.com

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 07:05:46 AM »

It really is a small world eh ? It's great to hear that Al Elmer is doing well AND that he moved to the BIG city from Weyburn haha.... I have emailed him and hope to hear back. Does he know about this ROF website ? I did look at the Thunder City website www.thundercity.ca ... very impressive.
And Moose.. !!! I'm sure he's still called Moose but, a more docile "Moose" I'm sure.
It's getting to be near a time to maybe plan a "ROF Gathering of the Old" while most of us are still around .... Any takers on organizing that ??
Gene Glaze
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 05:25:42 PM »

I am sure that between Arlen and myself we can get something organized for next summer.  It turns out that that the company I work for just got the maintenance contract for the elevator in the old ROF plant that now houses cloudrider design.  I will try and get in touch with someone there and maybe they will take us through for a tour of the old building?

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
793rollo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 12:06:55 AM »

Hi Richard and Gene!

I spoke with Moose a while back when I first found the 793 Hirth Honker. He had just retired, he was a guard at the jail just north of Regina.

I may even have his number around here somewhere.

Moose had come down to Turfmaster to take a look at the 793 hirth honker.

It was kind of funny, George asked Moose for his phone number and real name. Moose gave George his number and George again asked what's your real name. Moose replied Moose.

I believe he also had another name back in the rolloflex days, they called him Dr. Bob!

Blaine

Regina
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: