Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1972 Apache 292 - Resto Mod  (Read 15566 times)
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 09:57:23 PM »

hopefully tomorrow I can get the secondary all put together and back on the chain case, rear suspension serviced and back in, and the spindles and skis all reassembelled.  I had to ream out the spindles where the ski saddle mounts from 3/8" to 7/16" and it is all nice and tight again like it should be.  Starting to make some progress finally.

Hey Craig, any ETA on those Apache decals?  Getting closer to having my glass back from the body guy.

More to come tomorrow!

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »

well I did not get much done this week at all and you can see why by the pic and the time of day it was taken Grin

I did get the rear skid in and the secondary all together and installed.  Today I had to do some mod work on the alum bulkhead after I tried the belly pan and it did not fit.  Dumb mistake too.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:53:02 PM by _FIII » Logged

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
saskmade

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 06:19:34 PM »

They say mixing brands throughout the evening prevents you from working at full capacity.
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 10:39:55 PM »

hard not to mix when you run out!

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »

I picked up the hood and pan today from my paint guy.  I think we picked a great colour too!  Not sure if it exactly right but it looks sweet.  Fishing until next tuesday up north so no more progress till next week some time.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:53:51 PM by _FIII » Logged

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 11:51:12 PM »

I got some more done tonight after putting the belly pan on last week.  Tonight I got the steering hoop formed out of some 3/4" alum and got it welded to the tunnel and the steering post all installed and the tie rods done as well. Just have to figure out how I am going to do the hood mounts.  I was going to do a completely lift off hood but I may put a hinge at the front now and then pins at the dash area like the Wild One uses.

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 11:00:33 PM »

started putting the motor in the other night and fitting the exhaust and other items

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 11:05:28 PM »

got the clutch on, steering had to be moved to accomodat the spark plug, fuel lines ran and fuel pump mounted, dash plate fabbed and mouted to the steering hoop, ignition timed and the rest of the motor finshed up.  I then modified a set of foot rests from a 74-75 skidoo tnt free air.

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »

I finished the sled just about all the way.  I actually just threew that 38mm Mik on it and it starts and runs decent.  I have some tuning to do for our grass drags in 2 weeks as it is running a tad fat and the clutch needs some tuning as well, but all in all I am very happy with it.  Filled her up with gas then a squirt in the carb and she fired on the first pull.  Here is a short vid

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »

This is the best part of the whole build for me.  I had a very good visit with 2 of guys who designed the Roll-O-Flex sleds and tested them.  Both of these guys were in the R&D department at ROF.  First is Wade sitting on my Apache and the famous "Moose" sitting on my wild one.  A great day at my place with a story to follow this week about it.

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »

This is a picture of Wade and Moose standing with my dealer sign. 

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 10:18:29 PM »

to have 2 legends of the birth and development of Roll-O-Flex at my shop and on my sleds was a complete honour to say the least!  Thanks again to Wade and Moose (Bob) for making my year.  Next time it will have to be winter so you guys can re-live the feeling of driving what you developed for us all to enjoy.  Our hats go off to you and your efforts.

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
WildOne
Roll-O-Flex Collector
Administrator

Let's Get Wild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 11:14:07 PM »

I have a big smile on my face now Richard!!!! Thanks for having us, and for letting Dad and I stay to have burgers. It was the greatest day!

Where The Wild Ones Are.
Gene5696

A toast to all @ Roll-o-Flex.com

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 06:38:20 AM »

to have 2 legends of the birth and development of Roll-O-Flex at my shop and on my sleds was a complete honour to say the least!  Thanks again to Wade and Moose (Bob) for making my year.  Next time it will have to be winter so you guys can re-live the feeling of driving what you developed for us all to enjoy.  Our hats go off to you and your efforts.
Thanks for posting the pictures so quick. The picture of Moose and Wade with the dealer sign was exceptionally good... BUT I have to think that you did a photo-shop touch up and replaced the beverage in Moose's right hand ... right ? Oh how times have changed  Wink. It was good to see that my son Grant made it out to your gathering. He looked proud for sure. I'm heading out to Winnipeg tomorrow for 10 days and will be sure to show these pictures to my other kids and grand kids. The Photobucket pictures turned out well but could you list the names of those in the group picture ? I'll look forward to your "story of the day". Regarding " Next time it will have to be winter so you guys can re-live the feeling........." I sure vote for a next time but NOT in the Winter please.. sitting around your shop with a bottle of "water" and talking about those days sounds much more painless to me.
That's it for now but will comment further after reading your "story-of-the-day"...
Gene Glaze
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »

well I have the 292 tuned alomost perfectly.  I have it running consistently at 45.5 -47MPH in 500ft (on GPS) with my big ass on it!  It pulls the front end up for 150ft with me on it, but not so much with my 50lb son on it.  Should be running a bit faster than with me on it though but have not had him do a full 500ft run with the gps.  I am hoping and expecting 50-55MPH in 500ft with him on it.  The clutches are still not shifting all the way out but I am not sure if I want to tweak it to the max with an 11 yr old on it as it is plenty fast for him right now.  Hoping we can pull out a first place depending on what shows up for competion but I am real happy with it at this point.  I will be sure to post some pics and video of it running at the races.

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: