Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gene Glaze, co-founder of Roll-O-Flex, passed away  (Read 566 times)
OldNewGuy

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »

Hi, I'm new to the forum.  Gene Glaze was a co-founder of Roll-O-Flex, and a real winner in so many ways in life, including, but not limited to, racing the Roll-O-Flex sleds.

I am very sorry to report that Gene passed away peacefully yesterday evening, November 21 2017, in hospital in Newmarket, Ontario.

Gene was my neighbour, my close friend, my former employer at Advanced Car Specialties/ACS (which produced the Roll-O-Flex exhaust system).

Many of you may have known Gene personally, or communicated with him over the years.  I know of Gene's passion for Roll-O-Flex in particular, and snowmobiling in general, through many hours of over the fence chatting, or quaffing a beer or three on his deck in the summer.

I just thought I would let those of you who knew him be aware of the passing of one helluva great guy.

Regards,

OldNewGuy
Ontario
WildOne
Roll-O-Flex Collector
Administrator

Let's Get Wild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »

This is terribly sad news. Please pass our condolences on to Gene's family. Thank you for posting this.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 12:03:17 PM by WildOne » Logged

Where The Wild Ones Are.
hotdoo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 11:24:15 AM »

That is truly sad, another great snowmobilier lost. RIP Gene
_FIII
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »

I am very honoured to have met and talked with Gene over the years since I started collecting Roll-O-Flex snowmobiles.  I was going to start the restoration of his SnoPro sled to have it on display next summer in hopes that I could reunite him with his machine.  Sadly this will not be possible but the restoration will continue in his honour.  

Here is a great picture of him and Wade at my place in 2011.

Richard

Regina, SK

www.sasksnowmobile.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: